A easy and fun craft for kids of all ages that encourages reading and creativity.
How fun are these adorable pipe cleaner flower bookmarks? This DIY bookmark is such a fun craft to make with kids and it only takes 5 minutes! With a few simple supplies like pipe cleaners, large popsicle sticks, buttons, and glue you can make the cutest bookmarks ever!
I especially love this craft because it makes reading time so fun. Maybe your child needs an extra push to enjoy reading time. Well, making a customized homemade bookmark can really do the trick. Let your kids pick their favorite color pipe cleaner and buttons. This craft uses elmer’s glue so kids can make it themselves. For younger kids you may need to help bend the pipe cleaner into shape but they can do the rest! Such a great quiet time activity for summer!
Flower Bookmark Supplies
* Jumbo craft popsicle sticks
* Colorful pipe cleaners
* Buttons (various sizes)
How To Make Flower Bookmarks
1. Take 1 pipe cleaners and bend it into 5 loops. Now, take the ends of each loop and twist them together two times. This will make the flower. If any of the petals are larger than the others you can twist it at the bottom again to make it smaller.
2. Squeeze a nice big golup of glue at the top of your popsicle stick and place the pipe cleaner flower on top. Pick a small and large button to glue on top of the pipe cleaner flower. I used Elmer’s glue for the project and it worked great!
3. Let the glue dry completely before using these flower bookmarks! Happy reading 😃📚
The 1st flower bookmark is always the most challenging but after that, this craft should take less than 5 minutes. This is the prefect craft idea to encourage reading, especially during summer break. I always find that my kids will settle down and read after we do something fun like this cute little craft. DIY flower bookmarks are so much fun to make and take little prep time for busy parents. What a Win-Win!
- I used Elmer’s glue for the project but you can also use hot glue or even glue dots. I like to use Elmer’s glue because it’s more kid friendly but it does take some time to dry. Hot glue might be best if you’re making a bunch of these for party favors or little gifts or if your kids are too impatient to wait for regular glue to dry!
- Make sure to use the jumbo popsicle sticks for this easy pipe cleaner craft . The smaller popsicle sticks just don’t have enough surface to glue the flower petals.
- If you’re having trouble getting the flower petal loops even, try using a ruler and make a loop every 2 cm. Then twist the bottom of each loop and you should have a nice and even pipe cleaner flower!
Do you have a creative idea for bookmarks? Share in the comments!