A simple yet delicious Banana Pudding recipe that will wow everyone!
Are you looking for a delicious dessert your family and friends are sure to love? This simple banana pudding recipe is absolutely delicious with just a few simple ingredients including vanilla pudding, whipped cream, bananas, and Nilla wafers. If you can use a whisk, you can make this recipe! It’s my favorite dessert recipe and it’s soon to be yours as well.
Whenever I think of my childhood, this banana pudding recipe always comes to mind. My mom was famous among our family and friends for this simple dessert recipe. Every family gathering, party, or event, it was absolutely expected that my mom make her delicious banana pudding. So, as I got older I started making the fun dessert recipe for my family and friends! Trust me when I say this is the best dessert recipe you’ll ever make.
Need more easy dessert ideas? Try Cake Batter Rice Krispie Treats!
- 8 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 oz)
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding (5.1 oz)
- 2 cups milk
- 8-12 oz whipped cream
- 1 box Nilla Wafer cookies
- 4 bananas (sliced)
How To Make Mom’s Famous Banana Pudding
This banana pudding recipe is a must-try! It’s truly the best dessert ever and it’s so easy to make. I love this recipe because it’s not overly banana-y if you know what I mean. No fake banana flavor here. Just an amazing combination of whipped cream, vanilla pudding, real bananas, and a yummy cookie crust. Plus this recipes makes quite a bit so it’s perfect for parties, large gatherings, and the holidays!
1 Mix cream cheese, condensed milk, 1 box of instant vanilla pudding and 2 cups of milk for about 2 minutes until smooth. I used my stand mixer but a hand mixer would work well too. You want to make sure you get the consistency nice and creamy without any large chunks of cream cheese. So make sure your cream cheese is room temperature before starting!
2 Now, use a spatula to stir in about half of the whipped cream (4-6 oz) into the pudding mixture. Once you’ve done this, the pudding mixture is now complete! I really love whipped cream so I tend to use the larger quantity, 6oz, in this recipe. Save the rest of the whipped cream for the top layer of this delicious banana pudding. Cut the bananas into 1/4 inch slices.
3 Here’s the fun part. Layer the Nilla Wafer cookies, pudding mixture, and sliced banana in this order until you have used all of the pudding. Depending on the size of your bowl this may be 2 -4 layers of each. I used an 8×8 glass container and had 3 layers of cookies, pudding, and sliced bananas.
4 Once you’ve finished layering, add the remaining whipped cream to the top. You can crumble a few Nilla Wafer cookies and sprinkle on the top of the whipped cream for decoration if desired. Cover and chill the banana pudding for 2 hours before eating.
Helpful Tips For Making The Best Banana Pudding Ever
* Make sure your bananas are not too green or too ripe. You want to use what you would consider a perfectly ripe banana.
* Feel free to use homemade whipped cream or store bought cool whip for this recipe. Both will work well.
* I always use whole milk in this recipe but any type of milk should work fine.
* The banana pudding will stay good for 3 days when stored tightly covered in the refrigerator. After this time the bananas will start to turn brown. The pudding will still taste good, but it just won’t look as appealing with the brown bananas. But honestly this dessert is so delicious, it never lasts more than a day or two in my house!
This recipe is perfect to make the night before an event or gathering. The longer this banana pudding chills in the refrigerator the better it gets! The cookies will get soft and turn into an almost cake like layer which is simple divine! Nothing is better then homemade banana pudding on a hot summer’s night with a cup of coffee. This cool treat is sure to impress all of your family and friends at your next gathering.
Mom's Famous Banana Pudding
- 8 oz cream cheese (softened to room temp)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 oz)
- 1 pkg instant vanilla pudding (small 5.1 oz box)
- 2 cups milk
- 8-12 oz whipped cream (cool whip or homemade)
- 1 box Nilla Wafers
- 4 bananas sliced
- Mix cream cheese and condensed milk for about 2 minutes until smooth using a stand mixer or hand mixer. You want to make sure you get the consistency nice and creamy without any large chunks of cream cheese. Room temperature cream cheese is key!
- Once you have a nice and creamy mixture add in 1 box of instant vanilla pudding and 2 cups of milk. Stir gently to combine. Make sure to use INSTANT pudding mix.
- Now, using a spatula, stir in about half of the whipped cream (4-6 oz). The pudding mixture is now complete! Save the rest of the whipped cream for the top layer of this delicious banana pudding.
- Cut bananas into ¼ inch slices
- Layer the Nilla Wafers, pudding mixture, and sliced banana in this order until you have used all of the pudding. Depending on the size of your bowl, this may be 2 -4 layers of each.
- Top the layered banana pudding with the remaining whipped cream. Crumble a few Nilla Wafer cookies and sprinkle on the top of the whipped cream for decoration if desired.
- Cover and chill the banana pudding in the refrigerator for 2 hours before eating.
The BEST Banana Pudding Recipe made with just a few simple ingredients!