Easy and cheap water table upgrade that takes less than 5 minutes!
Ok y’all, I may have just discovered the best summer hack for kids ever! Using an electric drinking water pump made for 5 gallon water jugs, you can turn an ordinary water table into a fountain oasis for your kids! I am so incredibly excited to share this water table hack with you because it’s seriously going to change your life.
My kids love the water table. As soon as it’s even remotely warm outside, you can always find them at their faithful Costco water table pouring, scooping, and splashing in the water. While I thoroughly enjoy watching them play with this super fun summer time toy, my daughter is constantly asking me to pour water into the top portion to “make it rain”.
Luckily she has an amazing and patient older brother who will continually fill up the top with water to keep it flowing. Well I’m about to put him out of a job. Because this water table hack will keep the fountain flowing indefinently and without any cords or plugs! Major safety bonus!
1. Water table
2. Battery operated drinking water pump
How To Hack Your Water Table
Attach the tubing that comes with the pump to the bottom of the pump. Now, thread the tubing through one of the holes on the top of the water table. Run the tubing down the side of the water table into the water. If you’d like you can zip tie the hose to keep it in place.
Make sure that the nozzle of the pump has plenty of room to pump water into the top portion of the water table. Turn the pump on and let the fun begin! This 5 minute summertime hack really is that easy!
Helpful Tips & Tricks
Super Awesome Water Table Hack
- This pump is battery powered so no need to worry about cords and electricity around your little ones.
- My pump lasted for several hours before I needed to charge it. Simply remove pump, charge, then reinstall on water table for more fun!.
- If the hole you’re trying to thread your tubing through is a little small, use a small drill bit to make the hole slightly bigger.
- The pump automatically shuts off after 2 minutes or so. It took my daughter about 15 seconds to figure out how to turn it back on. No intervention on my part needed. Show your kids how to push the button on top of the pump to restart the water flow.
- Search “5 Gallon Water Dispenser, Electric Drinking Pump” on amazon for a variety of these pumps.
Make summertime even better with this simple water table hack. In less than 5 minutes with a cheap water pump, you can make a flowing water fountain that will create hours of fun for your kids. Unlimited outdoor water table fun is just an amazon purchase away. Use this amazing summertime hack to create an epic summer for your kids and heck even your self!
Check out these other fun summer activities!