If you’re looking for healthy and yummy snacks that will provide a burst of energy and satisfy your sweet tooth, try making these no-bake energy balls using oats, peanut butter, honey, and chocolate chips. These little bites of energy are perfect for busy parents or for kids who need a quick snack on the go.
The next time you’re in need of a quick and easy snack, whip up a batch of these tasty treats and enjoy! Your kids will love them.
To make these easy no-bake energy balls, simply mix together some rolled oats, creamy peanut butter, honey, vanilla extract and chocolate chips in a bowl. You can also add in some ground flaxseed for added nutrition! Roll the mixture into small balls, and place them in the refrigerator to chill for at least an hour. The chilling time will help the balls to hold their shape and become firmer.
These energy balls are perfect for school lunch boxes, after-school snacks, sports practice, or anytime you or your kids need a quick pick-me-up. They are packed with protein and healthy fats, which will help to keep you feeling full and energized for longer. Plus, they are a great way to sneak some healthy ingredients into your child’s diet, without them even realizing it. Even your picky eaters will love them!
No-Bake Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Energy Balls
- 1 cup rolled or quick oats
- 2/3 cup peanut butter creamy or crunchy
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Mix everything together in a medium size bowl until well combined. If you're leaving out the ground flaxseed, you will probably need to use less peanut butter to get the right consistency. Start with less and add more as needed.
- Place the bowl in the fridge for about an hour, and then form bite-sized balls with the mixture.
- Keep them stored in the fridge in an air tight container for up to 2 weeks.
- You can also add other optional ingredients to the batter such as chopped nuts, chia seeds, shredded coconut, raisins, cinnamon, or anything else you’d like. Keep in mind, if you add too many mix-ins, the balls may not stick together as well.
- Because different brands of peanut butter are not created equally, you may need a little more honey or peanut butter to get the ingredients to stick together (just depends on the moisture level in your peanut butter).
- I find it helpful when forming the balls to rub a smidge of butter on my hands.
- You can freeze these for up to 3 months in an air tight container. Simply pull what you plan on eating out the night before to allow them to thaw.